AnimalBlocks is a fun spelling app for kids.
Drag blocks into place to spell words correctly from the AnimalBlocks dictionary. The US and UK-English dictionary contains nearly one thousand common words, including sight words, colours, fruit & vegetables, animals and much more!
AnimalBlocks features six sets of letter blocks: one wooden set in lowercase for legibility, an illustrated animal set for fun, a computer keyboard, ice, dymo and fridge magnet set. There is also a selection of custom backgrounds, including a beautifully illustrated set of animals by award-winning illustrator Ali Teo.
The screen is a true multi-touch surface - great for collaborating with many hands! You can also take snapshots of your creations which are automatically added to your iPad's Photo Album.
- beautiful design and illustration
- six sets of letter blocks
- intuitive physics-based multi-touch interaction
- supports US-English and UK-English dictionaries
- create snapshots for your iPad's Photo Album
- full graphic and sound support in any orientation
- great interactive stereo sound
- extra app settings for word length, magnetic blocks and friction
App Store Mentions - March, April 2011
*** #1 Kids App in UK, Greece, Czech Republic, Malaysia & Phillipines!
*** #1 Educational App in UK, NZ, Greece, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Malaysia & Phillipines!
*** Featured in Learning your ABC in Ireland & UK App Stores!
*** New & Noteworthy on 75 App Stores Worldwide!
*** New & Noteworthy on UK & 13 other App Stores!
*** Featured in What's Hot on the NZ App Store!
*** New & Noteworthy on the NZ App Store!
How to play
- A stencil word will appear.
- Use the keypad to create the letter blocks you need to spell the word.
- Use your fingers to position the letter block over the matching letter in the stencil word.
- Use the keypad buttons to toggle through dictionary words, backgrounds and block sets, scatter the blocks or clear the screen. You can also take snapshots for your iPad's Photo Album!
AnimalBlocks Version 1.1
A Flightless Production
© 2011 Flightless Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Aaron Koolen-Bourke and Steve Oldmeadow for testing.
Special thanks to:
Iris, Athina, Sam, Ben and Maca for their little helping hands!
AnimalBlocks uses cocos2d/CocosDenshion, Box2d and freesound (adcbicycle,horsthorstensen).