Based in Mt. Maunganui, New Zealand
December 2015 (Early Access)
|US Early Access||$10.99|
|CDN Early Access||$11.99|
|GB Early Access||£7.99|
|NZ Early Access||$12.99|
|AU Early Access||$12.69|
Element is a realtime strategy space game for people who don't have time to play realtime strategy space games. Home no longer provides a means to survive. A fight for resources to escape our system has begun. The future lies beyond… Element is a visually stunning realtime strategy space game with a focus on sharp, accessible gameplay. Element is for lovers of beautifully crafted, original looking games. It is for people who are into space and strategy games but don’t have hours of time to invest. It’s also for gamers who enjoy launching missiles and blowing things up :) You are escaping a decaying solar system. You must visit each planet, mine enough element, and defeat the enemy to progress to the outer planets and beyond. Generate energy, mine element, build attack and defence units, and destroy the enemy while maintaining a balance between earth, air and water. Available on Steam Early Access from December 2015.
- Realtime strategy space game
- Beautifully crafted single player experience
- Sharp, accessible gameplay
- Multiple planet levels
- Multi-platform: mobile, desktop and console
Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IGF 2017 - TBA." Independent Games Festival, GDC 2017
- "Play By Play Festival 2016 - Excellence in Art." Play By Play - Wellington International Games Festival, 2016
- "The studio wanted the game to have a real design edge, and they've certainly achieved it. The game is fun to play, but it was also compelling to watch someone else have a go and see them manipulate and populate the planet."
- Mashable: 5 of the best indie games at PAX Australia, Mashable, November 2015
- "It manages to retain the basic rush of RTS gaming with none of the tedium... Plus! It looks cool and sounds cool."
- Element Strips Strategy Gaming Back To Its Core, Kotaku, January 2016
- "The energetic amalgam of MAD sims and arcade-speed action, served on a bed of gorgeous minimalist design, Element's current early access build bodes swimmingly."
- Access Granted: Element, Wargamer.com, December 2015
- "A game designed for those without the time to play an RTS doesn't have to mean it's also for those without the skill."
- Elementary - A first look at indie space strategy game Element, The Spinoff, January 2016
- "Element has you escaping a decaying solar system, planet hopping along the way, mining every one of those bad boys for resources while blowing up fools who are understandably angry about you speed-colonizing their planet."
- Element is a space RTS for people who don't have time, Destructoid, January 2016
- "Rome was built, enjoyed, and decimated in 0.002 of a day. It was great and, even as I was wiped off the face of my earth, it looked lovely."
- Streamlined Strategy: Element Hits Steam Early Access, Rock Paper Shotgun, December 2015
- "Aesthetically the game is just beautiful, utilising a sort of modern isometric feel combined with a well designed control system and menu structure."
- Reckoner PAX Aus 2015: Show floor roundup, Reckoner, November 2015
- "I like that Element is the sort of game that you can play through one or two campaign then call it quits for the night but still feel satisfied."
- Element: The realtime strategy game for those who don’t have lots of time for RTS, Gamejunkie NZ, December 2015
- "Impressive visuals, quick games that you don't need hours for and it's really quite accessible."
- Element: A Really Cool Realtime Strategy Game, Gaming on Linux, December 2015
Request Press Copy
Please contact us for availability.
Flightless allows for the contents of Element to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Element is legally & explicitly allowed by Flightless. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.flightless.co.nz/presskit/sheet.php?p=element.
Steam Early Access
Get Element for PC / Mac / Linux / Steam from store.steampowered.com.
Element development blog - screenshots, video, tshirts, cards, and more on the devblog: http://elementgameblog.tumblr.com.
Element on IndieDB, the indie game developers community: indiedb.com.
Element in the Independent Games Festival 2016: igf.com.
Flightless is a design and development studio. We specialise in projects for public, private and commercial clients, producing digital content, interactive software and immersive installations. For over a decade Flightless has been the creative output of John O’Reilly and Greg Harding. Combining our skills and experience in design and development, we look to collaborate with partners wanting to develop content-rich, design-led projects in new and innovative ways. We work on commissions large and small, across museum and visitor experiences, games and film, online and the visual arts. When not working on commissions we are an independent games developer creating our own products. This is our R&D testing ground for emerging technologies and ideas.
More information on Flightless, our logo & relevant media are available here.